Induction Support

Recognizing the value of ongoing professional development and support, Engineer Your World provides two years of comprehensive Induction Support and ongoing access to support staff. Newly trained teachers receive Induction Support that:

• Engages successful veteran teachers as guides within the communities of practice;
  • Provides an online portal to facilitate peer-to-peer interaction and sharing of best practices; and
  • Offers on-demand access to staff engineers and instructional support specialists throughout the year.

Meet Our Consulting Teachers

Consulting Teachers are the veteran Engineer Your World teachers who deliver instruction in summer Professional Development Institutes, provide ongoing instructional support to new teachers, or support both of these vital roles. In each Professional Development Institute, several Consulting Teachers model effective teaching practices for project-based instruction and share their best practices for successfully managing the project-based classroom, facilitating effective collaboration, promoting productive failure, differentiating instruction, and assessing student learning. Throughout the two years of Induction Support, Consulting Teachers mentor cohorts of new Engineer Your World teachers in communities of practice that promote peer-to-peer learning.

Ellen Browne

Ellen Browne

Pomfret School
Pomfret, CT

Teaching Experience: 38 years total, 3 years of EYW I

Other Experience: BA in Music from Boston University, Master’s degree in Math Education, has taught Music for 25 years and Math for 14 years

Why she teaches Engineer Your World: Solid research has gone into the curriculum. The students acquire skills that will translate to any field. It’s a lot of fun to teach this course!

Arny Leslie

Arny Leslie

Tesla STEM High School
Redmond, WA

Teaching Experience: 28 years total, 6 years of EYW I

Other Experience: BA in Religion at Bowdoin College, MS in Secondary Science Teaching at Indiana University, Mountaineering Instructor in Yosemite National Park, Park Ranger at Rocky Mountain National Park, two years of acid rain research at Indiana University

Why he teaches Engineer Your World: I love coaching in students in the development of engineering design projects. I’d much rather be the guide on the side than the sage on the stage!

Marissa Logrono

Marissa Logrono

Langham Creek High School
Houston TX

Teaching Experience: 7 years total, 5 years of EYW I

Other Experience: BA in Biology, has also taught Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and IPC

Why she teaches Engineer Your World: I get to develop a true learning community with my students. Sometimes I feel like I am learning as much as them!

Joe Malchar

Joe Malchar

Klein Cain High School
Houston, TX

Teaching Experience: 8 years total, 5 years of EYW I

Other Experience: BS in Chemical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin, AutoCAD and Inventor Certified User, former STEM Coordinator and Campus Department Chair in Spring ISD

Why he teaches Engineer Your World: It is a fantastic curriculum that challenges students and teaches them to think, design, and create for themselves. The constant collaboration with their classmates in every unit brings real and intentional experiences to the students.

Amy Morriss

Amy Morriss

Academy of Our Lady
Marrero, LA

Teaching Experience: 6 years total, 4 years of EYW I, 2 years of EYW II

Other Experience: BS in Physics from Missouri University of Science & Technology, Experience in telemedicine, distance learning, and structural engineering

Why she teaches Engineer Your World: I love helping students discover that they can solve problems. Once students realize that they have the power to solve problems, nothing can stop them.

Audrea Moyers

Audrea Moyers

McCallum High School
Austin, TX

Teaching Experience: 17 years total, 7 years of EYW I

Other Experience: Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Arts in Plan II, Master of Arts in STEM Education, Experience with CAD, landscape architecture, and portrait photography

Why she teaches Engineer Your World: I love that the course is a hands-on, team-based exploration of the design process with design challenges inspired by real-world issues.

Chris Redmond

Chris Redmond

Legacy Early College High School
Taylor, TX

Teaching Experience: 7 years total, 4 years of EYW I

Other Experience: BS in Organismal Biology from St. Edward’s University, previously a Research Biologist

Why he teaches Engineer Your World: EYW is awesome because kids get to learn engineering through practical and relevant projects.

Liz Stine

Liz Stine

Newark High School
Newark OH

Teaching Experience: 6 years total, 3 years of EYW I, 1 year of EYW II

Other Experience: BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a Business Minor from The Ohio State University, currently pursuing MS in Educational Leadership from University of Dayton, also the Assistant Varsity Basketball Coach

Why she teaches Engineer Your World: Students are solving problems & getting to experience authentic engineering situations. And they have a blast doing it!